Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Weekend

I dropped Kayla off around 11am after we got ourselves up and had breakfast. When we got there they had some company. Its such a small world, one of the guys that was there has a baby with Brandon's ex-gf that I never liked. One of the guys reminded me of someone from my past that I could go forever and never see again and be happy so that was kinda awkward for me, but it went okay.

Oh, before we left the house Kayla let me know she wanted strawberries and we didnt have any at the house so I got some money from my mom (I never have cash!) and we picked up some from the corner stand. When I showed them to Kayla her grin was so big...the kid is crazy for strawberries! Maria handed her one with the stem on it and I saw her eat all around it and I said "oh wow I didnt know she knew how to eat them like that". Well I spoke to soon, she popped the rest in her mouth and before I could stick my finger in there she swallowed it, lol. After that Maria cut them up :).

I spent the evening with Brandon and Kim, we went to see Lavell Crawford (runner up on last seasons Last Comic Standing), and as usual the opener (Jay something or other) was funnier than he was. I stayed the night with Brandon and because it was Father's Day we met my parents at Market Broiler for lunch. Thats generally not my favorite place but I manage to find a meal I liked pretty well.

After lunch we headed to Brandon's shop and got some stuff done which is what my dad wanted everyone to do for his Fathers Day. We finished that relatively easy and went home and spent a few hours in the pool/spa. Very nice day all around.

1 comment:

Julia said...

That is oh so cute about the strawberries!!! :)