Sunday, June 8, 2008

CORR Truck Races

Brandon, Kim and I went to the truck races with their friends Cameron, Danielle and their little boy Jacob. I had never been to one before so I didnt know exactly what to expect. The races were okay, the big trucks 2wheel drive & 4wheel drive were the most fun.

During the 2wheel drive truck races one of the guys was driving around with a tire that was shredding (not allowed, they are supposed to head to the pits). A piece of the tire, about a foot square, came flying over the fence and hit Danielle in the middle of her back. She just happened to be bending over the babies stroller or it would have hit him.

She was okay, just a red mark but they had the paramedics check her out still. They sent someone over who took a statement from her, while they were doing that I swear half the stands we gathered around staring at her. She was a good sport about it and the 3 of them left the stands for a little while so that we could finish watching the last race, though we all offered more than once that we could go home then.

Talk about an exhausting day though. It wasnt too hot but the sun is still draining. Not to mention the fact that there was so much dust I was so dirty ewww! I also now have another set of suntan lines, even thought I used sunscreen...I look goofy!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

lol I bet you look fine
my dad does drag racing... it's actually kinda fun... kinda red neckish... but he likes it and it's nice to see him happy!

Alayna's Creations said...

well at least you didn't say you were bored. Ever time Sam says he wants me to go to some kind of race I hesitate because they just seem SOOOO long