Monday, June 2, 2008

Disneyland

Today we went to Disneyland. It was my mom, Kayla, Matthew, Corrina, Amy and Julie and I. We didn't get there until about 1pm but we didn't leave until 12am anyway lol. When we got there I immediately took pictures of Matthew and Corrina in their clothes, at that suggestion of a police friend. Apparently if you have a current picture on your phone the Disney staff can send it to all of the people around the park and find your child faster. Not that I planned on losing them but I figure better safe than sorry.

Once we got in we were waiting for my mom to get Amy a wheelchair (she hurt her knee again) so the kids were hanging out while Corrina showed Kayla how to read the map.



Our first ride was Buzz Lightyear, the kids had fun (and so did I) shooting all the little targets. Before we got on my mom was making sure I understood how the game was played, 'cause that was very important. After we got off the ride we were able to email the pictures to ourselves, thats new.

After a few rides Kayla feel asleep. We thought we could go on Pirates of the Caribbean, while she slept. But we forgot about the people screaming over the baby drops...at least she rested for about 45 minutes even if she didn't sleep the whole time.

Corrina and Amy went over to California Adventure for a few hours, they came back telling stories, its so hard to hear about guys winking at my sister! It was obvious they had fun though so thats good.





The whole day was fun, lots of giggles and smiles. No tears at all. The only part Kayla wasnt too thrilled about was the characters that had heads (like Pooh). She did great taking pictures with the princesses though. I wanted to get her a Cinderella costume but yikes! they were more expensive than the ticket into the park! I just couldnt see spending that much on something like that. It was funny that my favorite princess (Cinderella) wasnt out but Maria's was (Belle), I got her a Cinderella wand though, lol.

At about 10pm they wanted to go on a few more rides but Kayla was a sleep (she had already slept through the Nemo ride) and I thought going on any more rides was asking too much of her (and my arms). So I pushed her around in her stroller and shopped for a while. I got a Mickey sweatshirt a few postcards and a pink princess antenna ball. Since Kayla was asleep I managed to not buy her anything else.

We finally got home around 1am (way later than I wanted to be out) and Kayla laid on the bed next to me for about an hour while I dozed before she started crying. I quickly tried to put Barney in but I think I fried the DVD since it had been in my laptop for days already. I found it on youtube (thank god) and before one show was over she was asleep. We woke up at about 7am, had a sippy of milk and went back to sleep until 9:30. Shes such an easy kiddo!

All and all the trip was a blast, Im so glad I got to take her. Now on to the next place!

2 comments:

Alayna's Creations said...

fun, fun, FUN! I really really want to go back there! But I'm going to be patient and let Ty get a little older so we don't have to stop for naps, etc.

Julia said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast! I love all the pictures! :) I hope the weather was nice and not too hot.