Monday, September 8, 2008

$30 & 1 Less Hour of Sleep Later...

The doctor's verdict was....chew less gum! Grrr!

During work last night my right ear began to really hurt and it just kept getting worse all night, it hurt while I ate/swallowed and just plan breathed. I was worried that I had an ear infection so I went to the MD this morning on my way home. One co-pay and and hour later the MD said that it was jaw pain and not ear pain after all. At first I was pretty skeptical until he stuck his fingers in my jaw joints and OW! Of course after that BOTH ears were throbbing...no fun.

I'm not at all shocked that I have jaw issues cause my mom has them too and I swear anything she has I get too, just younger. I've been chewing more gum also due to working because I cant brush my teeth after I eat (I cant brush them at work...ewww) so I'm sure that's what aggravated it.

Besides all that my first 'day' on night shift went really well. Long night especially around 4am but I made it through. Tonight is night number two...hopefully I will have more challenging patients so I can stay awake better.

No comments: