Sunday, January 25, 2009

Counting My Blessings

This evening while doing what has fast become a favorite hobby of mine, blog hopping I happened to run across this blog http://browniemom.blogspot.com/ . Reading about this families loss reminded me of how blessed I am.

Many times I focus on what is missing in my life, and forget to count my blessings. I have an intact family-closer than most really. I live next door to my brother, and though I complain about having to wait for him to work on my computer when I need him, Im blessed to have someone who can take care of my technical needs at all. He does 'little' things that impact my life for the better, like today when he installed the locking mailboxes in front of our houses, or when he handles the remote-skipping all the commercials so that I can eat and watch TV without having to watch them.

Im blessed to have generous parents that are willing to let me live in their extra house and help me out while Im not working. Even 'making' me (yes, insisting) that I drive my Dad's car to my job meeting tomorrow because my tags are expired and I didnt know they could tow your car for that. So now Im driving his car until I get my plates-so that leaves him without a car-just to take care of me. And that of course impacts my mom-now she has to take my dad back and forth to work, on top of meeting me during the week to get his car back. Oooo and even sweeter-today I was looking for some paperwork (no luck!) and my mom saw my giant pile of papers that needed to be sorted and shredded. So she sorted them all for me and took home what needs to be shredded...how awesome is that?!

And then of course there are the little siblings-always good for hugs, giggles and some chattiness.

Im thankful I ran across this blog, I need the reminder to be more thankful for my family.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

yea... i hate moving... and the thing i hate the most is that i'm a very organized plan stuff out person and i had this all woorked out and BAM all of a sudden everything goes out the window! urg!