Friday, February 13, 2009

We Have A Baby!



Josie was born today, only about 4 hours after Maria was admitted to the hospital. She was still in denial about the labor, she thought they were going to send her home to wait it out longer. Its a good thing her mom convinced her to go in then. From what I understand the doctor didnt even make it there until after the birth. I hope if/when I ever have babies I have labor that fast!

Here are a few snap shots from just a few hours after she was born..



Kayla snuggling with mommy.



Kayla's dad holding Josie (thats my hand)





A sleeping baby

Kayla is going to really learn what it means to be a big sister. While we were at the hospital today she was pretty emotional and overwhelmed. She definitely didnt like it when Josie cried, she cried too. Poor baby was confused about why her mom was in the bed and told her to 'get dressed mom'.

She did much better when she got home with me and was able to just go about our normal routine. Speaking of which...Im taking Maria to LA tomorrow, so that means her nap is probably going to be messed up again....I hope that goes okay, I dont want her to be saying "I want you" to her mom every five minutes all the way there. Hmm maybe we can drive during nap time??

BTW-No we DONT care that she was born on Friday the 13th. Thanks for pointing it out!!

No comments: