Thursday, February 12, 2009

Josie Can Read!

Im so lucky Maria hasn't had time to read this blog lately! At 9:30a I blogged that Im ready for Josie to be born. And at 12p I picked up Maria and we had lunch and did some running around for the next few hours.

During the time we were together she casually mentioned the fact that her stomach would get tight for a minute. She said it so casually that I didnt really pay it much attention, especially because Josie was still sitting high.

As we were walking around Dos Logos (outdoor shopping) I kept stealing glances at her belly out of the corner of my eye and thinking "did her stomach drop?". I didnt want to say anything cause I didnt know if I was right but while I was looking Maria told me that she felt pressure low, and that maybe Josie was getting lower. I then admitted to her then that I had been wondering if she had dropped lower just since we had been out.

Again Maria brought up the 'tightening' of her stomach and I asked her if it hurt and she said no, that it was just 'uncomfortable' but nothing to be worried about. Then she told me that it had already happened about 6 times in the 5 hours we had been together. Okay I know thats not serious labor or anything but still, its nothing to ignore.

I told Maria that they sounded like contractions to me (I also felt her stomach before and during one). She kept saying they couldnt be cause she remembered how bad it hurt with Kayla. She kept saying over and over how it couldnt be. I laughed (nicely!) and told her that she could be in denial as long as she liked that labor would come sooner or later anyway. She laughed too and told me that she was in denial.

We decided that it was probably a good idea if I kept Kayla for the night since she has an early Dr. apt in the morning anyway.

I just text her a little while ago and she said the 'tightening' is has gotten a little stronger but nothing consistant yet and she was going to try to sleep.

So we will see what happens right? She went into the hospital with Kayla at 7-8a and had her around 4p so she doesnt have a history of long labors once they get going.

No comments: