Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Kayla Day

Kayla came to play today! Yay! She 'helped' me make lunch (chicken salad). I dont mind her helping at all, especially because she tries new things when we cook together. Today it was tomatos (she said they were her 'favorite') even though before she always said she didn't like them, so thats an improvment.



She also licked a carrot :) While she was playing with it, kinda nibbling I told her to take a bite so we could show her mom (through a pic) and she did. She didnt want to eat it after she bit it but she did :) No fuss, even. At Nina's house we have the 'one bite rule'. We dont fight over food (I think thats stupid) so we just eat one bite of something if its new, and from there she can decide what she wants. Often she will take more than one bite on her own before deciding if she likes it or not. Although she doesnt like carrots...she LOVES salad :)


While she was here she showed me her new 'trick'

I wanted to cry when she told me that she could put her own socks on, and even worse she then proceeded to ask me for her shoes and competently put those on also. Awww she is growing up so fast! I know she has too, and I really dont like it when she acts like a baby...but ...cant there be a middle ground somewhere?

No comments: