Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hair Hair Everywhere!

So the other day I was in the shower (sorry TMI!) and while I was washing my hair I faced a cold hard fact. I can no longer deny it.

~My hair is to my knees~

How exactly did that happen? Okay yeah I know I havent cut/trimmed it in over 20 years. But still! For so long it seemed to stay at the same length (halfway between my behind and my knees). But now there is no denying it-its reached my knees!

Yes I keep "saying" it, because I still cant believe it!

I'm very sure that the fact that for the last few years I have rarely worn it down has contributed to its increased length. My ex really liked me to wear it down, so I used wear it down almost daily and that obviously kept the growth under control. Now that Im single I dont wear it down. And the honest to God reason is because I dont like the attention I get when I do. People regularly comment "you have really long hair" and I never know what to say to that! It's not a compliment so I cant say 'thanks'. Its just a statement of fact, like 'the sky is blue'.

So from now on-Im making an effort-wear my hair down, just deal with the comments.

No comments: