Monday, August 4, 2008

15 Minutes at a Time...

So normally whenever I have big changes going on in my life (like now, starting a new job) I tend to try to make big changes in my schedule. This time I decided to not do that. I decided to try a new way this time.

Im trying to change things '15 mins' at a time. Each week Im going to try to change something new. This week Im working on cleaning everyday (ewww) for a minimum of 15mins. Taking it in small increments is helping, I feel like I accomplish a lot more when I can see how much I can do in 15 min.

Today in my 15 mins I put the laundry away, loaded the dishwasher, put my scrap paper in the correct places, and went through some of the papers on my table.

One other part of my 'big plan' is NO GUILT. If I dont get things done exactly as I plan Im just going to move on and try to do better the next day. I think getting frustrated because I cant follow through is what puts me on the path to giving up so Im trying to avoid that this time and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Alayna's Creations said...

Sounds like a good plan. On of my fav FlyLady sayings "you can do anything for 15 minutes." And it's true! Even the annoying stuff is bearable if you know you only have to concentrate on it for a short length of time. Good luck!