Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still in Disbelief

I've now worked 2 days on the NICU floor and I still really cant believe I work there! It's my dream job. The exact hospital and floor I have wanted to work on since I moved north and now I'm there. It still feels like a dream. Maybe when I get my first check it will feel real?

I'm looking forward to getting used to being on my feet for 12 hours because the first day my feet hurt sooooo bad. Yesterday wasn't quite as bad, but its amazing how bad they can hurt when I finally get off them.

The nurses that I have been working with so far have been really nice so far. The nurse I was with yesterday was very supportive and said she thinks I'm ready to take on 3 level I babies at a time. That's pretty quick in my opinion but I feel like I can handle it. Hopefully I can move on to level II babies soon since they are more interesting and less like babysitting. Though level I babies are fun cause you get to hold them a lot more than the level II or III babies. Level III are probably 6 or more months away at this point. I guess that's the way they work it now so that we can get really confident with the 'easy' things before we move on. I'm really looking forward to being able to work with the micro preemies and those on vents....but that's gonna be a while.

One day at a time!

Trying to figure out what days I work? Keep an eye on my Google Calendar link.

2 comments:

Alayna's Creations said...

It all just fell into place for you didn't it? I'm glad you are enjoying it as much as you thought you would.

Julia said...

That's so great. It's awesome when you get your dream job! YAYY :) :)