Thursday, August 21, 2008

Frustrated!!

Today is the first day that I came home completely frustrated from work. Nothing seemed to go well today. Probably because I didnt get very much sleep last night. Im also back to the nurse that I had my first day that wasnt as easy as it could have been. I thought it was becuase it was my first day but maybe not. I feel like I cant seem to do ANYTHING right with her and its really starting to get to me (and its only day 2 with her, thus its probably at least partly to being tired). The other day I worked last week I was with a different nurse and my day went SO much better!

I've decided Im going to try to make the next 2 days better and if that doesnt work Im going to have to talk to her and my ANM and see what we can do because Im supposed to be learning not getting frustrated.

She's not mean or anything and I dont really feel like she makes me nervous I just cant seem to be confident and do what I know how to do, probably because half the time she steps in and takes over-and the other half she doesnt and so I never know whats expected so I cant just relax and work.

Oh I almost forgot-I got my first IV start (that Ive tried so far)...yay!

See I should be really happy about my day not frustrated!

Tomorrow is going to go better for sure cause I cant deal with another day like that. By the end of the day today I was exhausted and stressed out to the point that I was just ready to cry!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Aww I'm so sorry it's like that with this other person. That can definitely not be easy on you! I hope it gets better with her soon, especially if you will be working close to her.

So glad you commented on my blog, I had to redo a lot of my blog and I had lost some addresses and just hadn't had a chance to ask for them!! :) Thanks!