Thursday, August 7, 2008

Workin' Girl

This week I started my general orientation for work (SHMC, NICU). I'm pretty sure they couldn't have made it any more boring if they tried! It definitely doesn't help that I went through almost all of the computer training before since I spent so much time there as a student.

And shock of all shocks they gave us homework for heaven sake! Thank goodness its almost over. Only 2 days left (tomorrow and Monday). On Monday afternoon I meet with the unit coordinator. Hopefully we will learn some interesting stuff then. Like when the classes I want to take are offered.

My first actual day of work is on Wednesday. It's going to be interesting to work days since I did my clinicals on nights and my actual schedule is nights. I work 4 weeks on days and then switch over to nights. See the link to my Google calendar to keep an eye on my schedule.

I'm excited about starting work...and even more excited about getting my first paycheck! This first few should be pretty good since there are more hours on there then I signed up to work so thats good.

Coming soon....SCHOOL!

No comments: