Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kids Learn By Example

Kayla watches everything I do and mimic some of it.

One of the cutest things she does is pretend to be her dogs mom. She watches me tell Roxie "Come see mom" as I pat my legs. Now she tells me (usually a few times a day, lol) "I do dis-'Come see mom Brownie'" (while patting her legs). Brownie of course is her dog. She then tells me that her mom laughs at her when she does it. She thinks its so funny to see me be a 'mom' to something since she only knows me as "Nina".

Her imagination is so amazing for a 2yo. She's always telling Natalie (her cousin, and also her imaginary friend) what to do and dragging (both her cousin and her imaginary friend) around by the "hand". The other day she even had to get her in her squeezed hands before we could get in the car. Once she was in her car seat she opened up her hands and said "I can't get her she fly away". LOL

Last night she told her mom she has 6 kids (she is obsessed with numbers). She lays down with her dolls and in a very stern voice tells them "close your eyes and sleep", and sometimes spanks them for not listening!

She's a joy to watch. Each day she does something new and she's always makes me laugh.

Of course its not all sunshine an kisses. She's pretty stubborn too. Right now we are working on having manners. She likes to ignore Hilda when she talks to her. And she is learning that Hilda is an adult and she has to answer her not give her attitude. Its not like Hilda is a stranger to her and she can use that as an excuse...its just two year old behavior, lol.

It's all amazing...and dont forget the clothes! I get to play dress up everyday LOLOLOL

2 comments:

Julia said...

LOL, this cracked me up!

Callie said...

Sooo ture! Now as for the stubborness, just wait till she hits 3!! Man oh man!
I'm glad to hear some joy in your blogs. We miss yah in SWF girl! Hope you find some craft time soon!
And yes, Idaho is beautiful... I can't believe you left!